Monday, August 31, 2009

Meet and Greet

It may be hard to believe, but most teachers get nervous for the first day of school. Weeks in advance, I start dreaming about school. I worry about the classroom layout, the labels, the classroom library, the bulletin boards, and so many endless little details. And yet, every year, when I meet my new students, all those details become insignificant. It's about the kids. It's about our journey together.

To all those who were able to attend our "Meet and Greet" today,
I loved seeing your faces; rejuvenated, tanned, smiling, entering our classroom today. Thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself and your families.

To those who I will meet tomorrow, our first day of school,
I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you and your family, too!

Keep those smiles on, we're going to have a great "ride" together!
Warmly,
Mrs. Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment