Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Snack and Special- the Important Stuff!

Today, the students learned that in fourth grade we have special first thing in the morning! Just for reference, I've posted our special schedule here as well!

Monday- Art with Mr. French
Tuesday- Gym with Mr. Schulten - Please wear sneakers and appropriate clothing
Wednesday- Music with Ms. Connelly and Chorus (beginning in January)
Thursday- Library with Ms. Pilgrim
Friday- Computer class with Ms. Crowley

Our class enjoys our snack when we return from special. I encourage students to bring in healthy snacks and water in order to have optimum focus and learning take place in the classroom. Please feel free to send in water bottles with your children for their school day as well. I truly appreciate all the donations of healthy snacks for our moments of "forgetting". Thank you parents!

I will be promoting healthy behaviors in class this year! I plan on using the themes from the New Hampshire Public Television "Live Fit NH" program. There are some catchy themes with this program such as:
Drink an Ocean
Eat a Rainbow
Be Whole
Get Moving
Explore NH

In addition to these themes, I also believe in making positive choices and having a positive attitude for a wholistic healthy attitude! I am really looking forward to a great year with your children.

Warmly,
Mrs. Murray


No comments:

Post a Comment